The information gathered when you interact with the Gaveling falls into two main categories:
1) Personal information. Personal information includes but is not limited to personal information you supply when you sign up, subscribe, order, complete a survey, register, enter any kind of contest or provide your email address or any other kind of information about yourself; and
2) Information collected through technology, which includes tracking information collected by us as well as third parties.
Each of these two categories are discussed in further detail below.
• (A) Information you give us directly : Registration to use the Gaveling application or website may require you to supply specific personal information, including but not limited to your first and last name, e-mail address, title, etc. If you participate in a contest or other offer by Gaveling, we may also ask you for personal information. We reserve the right to store this personal information.
• (B) Information you give us indirectly by linking your social media accounts : As of today’s writing, you will soon be able to register or enhance your profile by linking Facebook, Google, Twitter, or other social media accounts to your Gaveling account. By doing this, you are authorizing us to collect, store, and use what they send us. Social media registration features may collect your IP address, the page you are visiting on our site, and may set a cookie to enable the feature to function properly. Social media features and widgets are either hosted by a third party or hosted directly on our web site. Note that you can unlink your social media accounts at any time. If you have questions about how to unlink your social media account, you can ask your social media account provider or you can email us at email@example.com and we will be happy to assist you.
• (C) Billing and Credit Card Information : In order to enable payment, we may collect and store billing information, credit card information, names, addresses, etc. This information is shared with third parties who help to complete the sales transaction. Examples of this include fulfilling orders and processing credit card payments. This information is not shared with any outside parties who do not need the information.
• (D) Information you share publicly : This “public activity”includes comments, recommendations, reviews, ratings, photographs and any information you disclose along with your public activity (including but not limited to your screen name, any image or photograph, etc.). This is considered public and may be used by Gaveling for any promotional or commercial uses in any and all media. Note also that any information you submit can be read, collected, and used by others. We are not responsible for any
public activity or personal information you choose to submit and we have no responsibility to publish, take down, edit or remove any of your public activities. Note that public activities may be included in RSS feeds (“Rich Site Summary” feeds - which allows us to update content quickly and allows users to retrieve the latest content from our site), APIs (“Application Programming Interface” which allows software, such as applications, to talk to each other without any user intervention), and other distribution formats and, as such, appear on our website, blog, feed, etc. You agree that such sharing will be deemed to have been done by you and not Gaveling. You agree that we are not responsible for any personal information you choose to make public.
We use various technologies to manage Gaveling and track how users use Gaveling so that we can improve it and make it better. Note that any non-personal information that we collect using these technologies may be combined with other information about you. We reserve the right to transmit information that is not personally identifiable to third parties for advertising purposes.
Thus, we reserve the right to collect information about you, including but not limited to :
• (A) Device information : We may collect information about which device you are using to access Gaveling, such as IP address (“Internet Protocol” address), geolocation information, unique device identifiers, browser type and settings, crash data, etc.
• (C) Analytics, Log Files and Reading History : We gather certain information automatically (such as IP addresses - where you are accessing the internet, browser type, operating system, the history of pages you view, browsing patterns, how you used Gaveling, frequency of utilizing the app, etc.). We have a variety of reasons to collect this information - including but not limited to: making custom recommendations, advertising, improving marketing as well as improving Gaveling itself, and tracking use and access of Gaveling. Third parties may independently gather such information.
• (D) Location information : if you choose to enable this feature of the app, when available. You do not have to enable this feature.
• (E) Third Parties : We reserve the right to allow third party companies to advertise on Gaveling. They may collect information about your or your use of Gaveling, including placing cookies, or utilizing other technology to collect information. We do not have access to their use of technology nor have control over it.
• (A) Make our product better : We often use information we collect to try to make our product better. We see what users like and what users do not respond to. Therefore, we use the information that we collect when determining how to improve our product.
• (B) Customization of your experience : We use information to allow our advertisers to target to the most relevant group of people. We also use information to customize your experience in using Gaveling.
• (C) Send you updates : “Updates” includes e-mails, newsletters, and notifications, among others. You can opt out of these updates at any time by controlling your settings or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
• (D) Provide the services you request : For example, we enable you to participate in contests, post information, etc. We also use the information when we e-mail newsletters about services offered by Gaveling and its advertisers.
• (E) Statistical Analysis : We keep track of statistical, demographic, and marketing analyses of users as well as your subscription patterns, browsing patterns, etc. so that we are able to better develop and improve our product as well as inform advertisers about the nature of our user base.
• (F) Respond to any questions you may have or comments you make : If you mail, email, or call us with a question, comment, or suggestion, we will utilize the address that you use to respond to you.
• (A) We share information within Gaveling : This includes any companies we sell, buy, merge, or partner with.
• (B) Third parties : We share non-personally identifiable information about our users to third parties (such as advertising companies, etc.) as well as Google.
• (C) Service Providers : Companies that provide services on our behalf (credit-card, billing, processing, shipping, list processing and analytics, promotions management) are provided with any relevant information that they need to perform their services.
• (D) If you opt out : We reserve the right to disclose your opt-out information to third parties so they can suppress your name from future solicitations in accordance with the law.
• (E) If required by law : We may access, preserve and disclose personal information if we are required to do so by law or we have a good faith belief that such action is necessary to
o (1) comply with the law or with legal process - e.g.. a subpoena, or court order, among others;
o (2) protect and defend our rights and property;
o (3) protect against misuse or unauthorized use of Gaveling; or
o (4) protect the personal safety or property of our users or the public (e.g. if you provide false information, attempt to pose as someone else, then information may be disclosed about you).
• (A) Gaveling complies with the federal CAN-SPAM Act of 2003 : We will not send you marketing messages if you opt out of receiving such messages. You can opt out by following the “unsubscribe” instructions at the bottom of each e-mail. Or simply e-mail us at email@example.com and say you wish to unsubscribe. We will not share, sell, rent, swap or authorize any third party to use your email address for commercial purposes without your permission.
• (B) Surveys : We may invite you to participate in surveys asking for feedback on Gaveling and any existing services. No personally identifiable information will be shared with third parties. However, such information may be shared with third parties in aggregate form.
• (C) Emails or Communication From You : If you send us an email or communicate with us in any other way, we will use your email address (or the address you choose to communicate from) to respond directly to your questions or comments.
• (A) Manage Your Gaveling Account in the My Account Area : You may review and update your Gaveling membership or account information and access your transaction history in the My Account area.
• (B) How to Opt out of E-mails : Simply follow the unsubscribe options at the bottom of each email. Alternatively, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and simply say “OPT OUT” and we will opt out whatever e-mail address you list.
We have put in place commercially reasonable physical, technical and administrative controls to protect the information. No method is 100% secure but we use security measures to try to minimize any security leaks.
Children’s Guidelines : We do not knowingly collect or store any personal information about children under the age of 13. It is against our terms of service for users from under the age of 13 to use Gaveling.
California Privacy Rights : Pursuant to the California “Shine The Light” law, California residents may opt-out of Gaveling’s disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. You may choose to opt-out of the sharing of your personal information with third parties for marketing purposes at any time by submitting a request in writing to email@example.com. Note that this does not prohibit any disclosure made for non-marketing purposes.
Thank you for using Gaveling! We appreciate your support of this application and website.
If you disagree with any term, please do not continue utilizing Gaveling’s products.
Note that we may change, add, amend or remove portions of these terms at any time, which are effective immediately upon posting. By continuing to use this site after such change, modification, amendment, or removal, you agree to any such changes. Be sure to periodically review these terms of service.
A current copy of the terms of service can always be found on our site: www.gaveling.com.
If you do not agree to any of these terms, you may cancel your membership by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org at any time.
1. Who can use Gaveling?
You may use Gaveling only if:
• You can form a binding contract with Gaveling.
• You agree to use it only as set forth in these Terms of Service.
• You agree to all applicable laws.
• You agree to provide us with accurate and complete information when you form your account.
• You agree that you are over the age of 13. Anyone under the age of 13 is prohibited from using gaveling.
If you have an account on behalf of a company, organization, or other entity then “you” includes that entity and you warrant that you are agent or owner of the company, organization, or entity and that you are authorized to grant all permissions and licenses provided in these Terms of Service and bind the entity to these terms. You further agree to the Terms of Service on the entity’s behalf.
Some of our products may involve upgrades. You agree that we may automatically upgrade our products and that these Terms of Service apply to any and all such upgrades.
We grant you a limited non-exclusive, non-transferable and revocable license to use our products subjects to these terms and our policies.
You agree that you will not share your login information with anyone else and that you are fully responsible for keeping your login information confidential. You agree that you will not select or use the login credentials of another with intent to impersonate that person. You agree you will not use login credentials which another person has rights without authorization. You agree you will not use login credentials that we, in our sole discretion, deem offensive.
Failure to do any of the above may result in suspension or termination of your account.
Gaveling allows you to post content such as comments, photos, links, etc. We refer to everything you post as “user content.” You retain all the rights in the user content that you post to Gaveling.
You are solely responsible for the user content that you post to Gaveling. Gaveling takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any user content posted, stored or uploaded or for any loss or damage resulting from such user content. Gaveling is not liable for any mistakes, defamation, slander, libel, falsehoods, deception, profanity, pornography, or threats that you may encounter.
It is important to note that Gaveling does not and cannot review all user content. Gaveling has no obligation to screen, edit or monitor the user content;; however Gaveling reserves the right to delete, move, or edit user content that, in its sole and absolute discretion, it deems abusive, defamatory, obscene, in violation of any law, or otherwise inappropriate or unacceptable.
If you are an attorney, you have a duty to abide by the rules of confidentiality as well as all ethical rules that are binding in your jurisdiction. This means that you agree, among other things, to keep client information confidential. Any breach or violation of such rules is your breach or violation alone. Gaveling is not responsible for such breach.
You grant Gaveling and its affiliates a non-exclusive, royalty-free, transferable, irrevocable and fully sublicensable, worldwide license to use, store, display, reproduce, share, modify, create derivative works, distribute your user content for any purpose. You acknowledge that Gaveling may choose to - and reserves the right to - provide attribution of your comments or reviews or other user content at our discretion. You further grant Gaveling the right to pursue at law any person or entity that violates your or Gaveling’s rights in user content by breach of this agreement. You recognize that any and all user content is non-confidential and non- proprietary.
We frequently ask users for feedback or suggestions to make our product better. If you provide any feedback or suggestions you agree that we are free to use them without any restriction or compensation to you. Gaveling does not waive any rights to use similar or related feedback previously known to Gaveling, including feedback developed by its employees or obtained from other sources.
Gaveling’s website and application and all content produced by Gaveling are protected by Copyright ©2015 Gaveling, LLC. All rights reserved. Gaveling, the logo, the rating system, the software, and/or common law trademarks of Gaveling, LLC and/or its suppliers or licensors may not be copied, imitated, publish, transmitted, or used, in whole or in part without prior written permission of gaveling.
We work to protect the security of your content and account, but cannot guarantee that unauthorized third parties will not be able to defeat security measures. If your account is compromised or if there is unauthorized use of your account, please inform us immediately by emailing email@example.com.
Our products may contain links to third-party websites (the word “website” in this paragraph includes but is not limited to advertisements, services, offers, events, applications, and activities not controlled by Gaveling). We do not endorse nor assume any responsibility for content on third party websites. By using Gaveling, you agree that you access any third party websites at your own risk and agree that Gaveling will have no liability arising out of your use of or access to any third-party website.
Gaveling may terminate or suspend this license at any time.
You agree to be bound by these terms after termination.
If you use our products for commercial purposes in violation of this agreement, you agree to indemnify and hold harmless Gaveling and its agents and employees, officers, and directors, from any such claims, suits, proceedings, disputes, liabilities, losses, costs, expenses, remedies, and fees (including legal and accounting fees in defense of such claims brought by third parties).
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, GAVELING SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNTIIVE DAMAGES, OR ANY LOSS OF PROFITS OR REVENUES, WHETHER INCURRED DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, OR ANY LOSS OF DATA, USE, GOOD-WILL, OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES RESULTING FROM:
These Terms of Service are governed by the laws of the State of Michigan with respect to its conflict of law principles. We each agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of a state court located in Oakland County, Michigan or the United States District for the Eastern District of Michigan. Our products are controlled and operated from the United States and we do not represent that they are appropriate for use in countries outside of the United States.
We are happy to answer any questions or address any concerns. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at 999 Haynes Suite 260, Birmingham, MI 48009.
© Gaveling, LLC. All rights reserved.
Gaveling is a place where you can provide information about the judges you are in front of, as well as learn about judges that you will be in front of. It is made for attorneys, witnesses, and others who appear in court.
To ensure that Gaveling is used properly, we require all users to agree to follow these rules listed below.
If it looks like someone is breaking these rules (or violating our Terms of Service) by posting something that is not appropriate, we will do our best to remove their content promptly. Note that we take no responsibility for content posted by users. See Terms of Service.
You aren’t allowed to post any user content that:
You also aren’t allowed to: